Playstation – Get Netflix USA on Playstation
This guide has been updated for accessing American Netflix on your Playstation in 2016.
Can you get Netflix on PS3? Yes. Can you get Netflix on PS4? Yes. Even better, this guide teaches you how to set-up your PlayStation to access the USA version of Netflix from Australia and unlock all that great American Netflix content.
The best way to set-up the American version of Netflix on your Playstation in Australia is to set your router to appear as if it’s in the USA. That way any device that connects to it (e.g a Playstation) will automatically have access to the US version of Netflix. Check out our guide on setting up your router to do this.
You can also set-up your actual device to access Netflix, rather than changing your router. Read on for our guide on setting up Netflix on PS3 and PS4.
- The first step is to sign up for an Express VPN account. This is the service that makes you appear as if you’re in the USA. It is essential to make this work, so do it (30 day refund so there’s nothing to lose).
1. You will need to create a new PSN account to use with Netflix. This needs to be an American account. Head to the Playstation USA site and create the new account.
2. Once you have the account created you will need to add a new user to your PlayStation– you can’t assign a new PSN login to an existing user on the Playstation, so create a new user. I named my user “Netflix” and sign in as that user whenever I want to watch Netflix.
3. Now set the Playstation to use the Express VPN DNS servers. Now when Playstation speaks to the Netflix servers you will appear as if you’re in America, tricking Netflix into giving you all that juicy USA content.
1. Select (Settings) > (Network Settings).
2. Select [Internet Connection Settings].
3. Select [Yes] when a confirmation screen is displayed stating that you will be disconnected from the Internet.
4. Select [Custom]. Leave all settings as is until you reach [DNS Settings].
5. Select [Manual] and fill the DNS server fields with the Express VPN values from their website.
7. Restart the PS3.6. Check connection to save the new settings.
8. To watch Netflix on the Playstation you can use the awesome Netflix app – it is great, you can scroll through all the titles in a really nice, easy to use format – it is 100% designed for lounging around watching tv shows from the comfort of your lounge room
Netflix On PS3
Yes you can get the Netflix PS3 experience. The information above is specifically written for accessing Netflix on the PS3 in Australia.
The PS4 can also access American Netflix in Australia. Just use the same set-up steps as above. There is an app for the PS4 too.