Android – Get Netflix USA on Android
This guide teaches you how to set-up your Android device to access the USA version of Netflix from Australia.
The best way to set-up the American version of Netflix on your Android Device in Australia is to set your router to appear as if it’s in the USA. That way any device that connects to it (e.g an Android phone or tablet) will automatically have access to the US version of Netflix. We have a full guide on how to set your router up here.
You can also set-up your actual Android device to access Netflix, rather than changing your router.
Of course, this post is under the assumption that you already have an account signed up with ExpressVPN. If you don’t, do that first before continuing. ExpressVPN have a money back guarantee so you can give it a try and see if you like it. Basically, there’s nothing to lose.
Here’s what you need to change on your Android Device in order to access the USA Netflix content:
- Go to setting and click on Wi-Fi (click on the word Wi-Fi and not the ON/OFF slider).
- Press and hold the preferred wireless network (or currently active network). A dialog box will popup while holding the preferred network. Click on Modify network.
- Scroll over down the box and check the checkbox on Show advanced options.
- Click on IP settings and choose Static.
- Keep IP address, Gateway and Network prefix length the same (should be set from standard DHCP)
- Set the DNS 1 and DNS 2 server fields to the ExpressVPN ones.
- Click on Save.
- Restart your Android phone.
- To verify the configuration you made, go to ExpressVPN and visit the Check Service page.